As professionals, it’s imperative for us to renew our PRC license once every 3 years. To help and guide you throughout the process and to save you from all the trouble and/or hassles, I want to share my own account. Since you are now looking for renewal, I would presume you already know where the PRC central office is. It’s located still in P. Paredes St. cor. Morayta St. Sampaloc, Manila. If you have renewed your license before and you are confident that you still remember the same process you went through previously, think again. A lot of changes could happen in 3 years and I don’t even remember the last time I was there. There was no distinction as to what process is to what profession. So I believe this process applies to all PRC licenses. The PRC License Renewal is very straightforward.
1. PRC ID
This is really not needed in the process itself but when you walk through the entrance, the guard will look for it. In case you have a lost ID, you might need to convince the guard that you have official business entering the PRC building. You may present an affidavit of loss if needed.
Your latest picture of course. 1 copy only. They’re pretty strict on this so be wary. It should be passport size, colored, with collar, with white background, with name tag in the format of surname, given name and middle initial. Your picture should be paste NOT stapled in the form that you will be filling up. There is a paste provided in the counter but you may bring your own if you want, together with your own black pen.
3. Renewal Form
A small sheet of paper that will be given to you where you will paste your picture.
There is a renewal fee which you will pay to the cashier.
1. Once you get pass the entrance, walk straight to the PRC main building and proceed to window 13. All windows are numbered so you will find it easily. Ask for a renewal form, fill it up, paste your picture and return it to the same window. You will then wait for your name to be called in window 17.
2. Sit and wait for your name to be called. They announce it through a microphone and speaker so you won’t miss it. It would take just a few minutes. Once you hear you name, go to window 17 and get your claim slip. Your claim slip will indicate the amount that you should pay, the date of the release of your license and the window number where you will claim it.
3. Proceed to cashier. After payment, you’re done for the day. Just go back on the designated date and don’t forget to bring also the official receipt of payment when claiming.
1. They usually process renewals even on lunch breaks except for first Fridays of the month when they conduct first Friday catholic mass instead. You can join the mass too since it’s just in the lobby where the processing of licenses take place.
2. The waiting period before you can claim your license is usually 1 to 2 weeks but there’s a fast ID process that they are planning to implement. Ask about it. You can get your ID earlier for a higher renewal fee.
3. They have a number of cashiers in different floors. If the queue is long in the ground floor. Look for other options. The fee for a CPA is 450 PHP.
4. There are some professions wherein you need to present a certificate of good standing in order to claim you ID. No need for CPA’s.
5. Renewal centers are also present in selected SM malls but I strongly suggest that you go to the PRC central office.
There you have it. I hope all those who will renew their license would find this helpful. Now it’s time for you to try it.